cEDH's B-Side - Okaun, Eye of Chaos & Zndrsplt, Eye of Wisdom
This article presents the third deck from this competitive Commander series: Okaun and Zndrsplt!Edit Article
- You like tossing coins.
- Você like having some victories based solely on luck.
- You have a Frenetic Efreet and wants to use it
- Combat damage with a bit of luck is attractive for you.
Commanders' Roles on this deck
every coin you toss, including those tossed by another commander's trigger and/or by Mana Crypt. So, you'll usually invest five mana on this blue Ad Nauseam that never truly draws as many cards as Ad Nauseam could. But, Zndrsplt is the second piece of a combo that is always accessible on the command zone.
The deck's Combo
- Activate Frenetic Efreet's ability, hold priority and activate it again.
- Repeat the process over and over and as much as you like
- Let Zndrsplt's trigger resolve and draw your entire deck.
- Bounce Zndrsplt (usually with Snapback so you don't deck yourself out)
- Resolve all of the Efreet's triggers
slow playbecause the triggers are previously placed on the stack and their resolution no longer depends on the player's action. It is usually understood that the chance of you putting 10 ^ 10 activations on the stack and not drawing your deck is approximately 0 and the combo can be solved at once. So the idea is simple, activate Efreet and draw the deck. Now how to win the game?
Winning the Game
The other combo
- Cast Twinflame and hold priority.
- Cast Dualcaster Mage and target Twinflame with its ETB effect.
- Mage's trigger resolves and it copies Twinflame
- Twinflame's copy targets Dualcaster Mage
- Repeat the process an arbitrary number of times
- Attack with an absurd number of Dualcaster Mage copies
Notable card choices
probablydraw more cards and
probablyboost Okaum's power more often. It's also a good way to grind games with our commander, but it's not mandatory to win the matchup.
WeaknessesOur commanders having the same mana value makes its curve a bit weird, especially since both cost 5 mana.